Sasha Albani, MFT
Psychotherapy for Children, Adolescents, Adults, and Families - San Francisco & Mill Valley, California
What is the difference between a MFT, LCSW, Psychologist, and Psychiatrist?
- Marriage and Family Therapists (MFT) – MFTs hold a Master’s Degree in psychology and may also hold doctoral level degrees.
- Psychiatrists (MD) - Medical doctors who are primarily trained to prescribe medications and may also practice psychotherapy.
- Psychologists (PhD) - Hold doctoral-level degree and their primary focus is on psychological testing and psychotherapy.
- Social Workers (LCSW) - Hold Master’s Degrees and may also hold doctoral-level degrees with a primary emphasis on social services, including psychotherapy.
(Defined by CAMFT, 2008)
Books for Adults:
- The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Communication to Your Mate, Chapman (2004)
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, Gottman (1999)
Books for Parents:
- The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children, Greene (2010)
- Freeing Your Child from Anxiety: Powerful, Practical Solutions to Overcome Your Child's Fears, Worries, and Phobias, Chansky (2004)
- 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12, Phelan (2010)
Books for Teens:
- My Anxious Mind: A Teen's Guide to Managing Anxiety and Panic, Tomkins (2009)